Got a burning issue that you've just been dying to get off your chest? Maybe you disagree w/one of my views or feel you should cover something I haven't.
Well, now it's your turn to rant.
Send me your best rant on a current event you've personally experienced (as in you or a loved one). It can be on anything from politics to immigration to those pesky kids who won't stop playing on your lawn. Yes, you can disagree w/me!!
The winning rant will get published here & the lucky author will win 4 free tickets to Miss Abigail's Guide to Dating, Mating & Marriage (a $300 value).
If the winner can't get to the show in NYC, then we'll see what we can do.
1. You only have to write one rant. If you start following the blog or link to this, you can submit a second entry. You'll have to prove you're doing this, though.
2. No more than 2 authors per rant.
3. Rants must be at least 100 words and no more than 5,000 words. Yes, I'll be counting the words.
4. You must present logical reasoning to support your rant. If it's all “the Bible/Koran/other holy book says this,” I'm not going to bother reading it. Nor do I care what your grandmother, Jesus or George W. Bush have to say; this is YOUR rant. Convince me that I should agree with your views.
5. Keeping w/the above, this isn't a law review article or research paper. Putting me to sleep will not increase your chances of winning.
6. No hate speech, religious sermons or content that would violate Blogger's “Terms and Conditions” or those of other websites. If there's going to be any cult recruitment efforts here, it's going to be from me damn it!
7. Proper English: spelling errors will be corrected but no “leek” or text message speak. If I can't understand it, you can't be considered.
8. Your rant can be posted anonymously but you can't be anonymous in submitting it. I have to be able to get in touch w/you if you want to win.
9. I reserve the right to edit your post for conciseness. If you don't like it, start your own blog & post your rant there.
10. No personal attacks. I will not publish your manifesto against Jenny Smith unless you agree to change the name.
11. No recounts & no whining if you aren't selected.
Rants will be judged by moi & her trusted team on originality, humor, persuasive ability and accessibility to the general public. You can disagree w/my views but you'll need a good argument to back it up & should prepare for me to debate you on it.
The contest ends on January 3, 2011. That should give you a nice post-holiday treat.
How to enter? Simply post a comment to this entry; I won't publish them & will review them for the contest. If you post a comment to a different entry, I may not see the entry so make it easier on yourself okay?
So, on with the rants!!